FULL TIME /
Chicago Lifestyle PR Firm: Full-Time Junior Publicist
H2 Public Relations is looking for a Junior Publicist to join our growing team in the Chicago office. This position will be instrumental in working with high profile lifestyle accounts in the city, including Revival Food Hall, James Beard award winning chef, Mindy Segal, Fat Rice (Bon Appetit #4 "Best New Restaurant in the Country"), Michelin starred Dusek's Board & Beer, Income Tax (Chicago Tribune Nominee: Best New Restaurant), Brooklyn Brewery, as well as high profile cocktail bars such as Vol 39 (Playboy, Best New Bar), MONEYGUN (Playboy, Best New Bar) and The Whistler (GQ's Best Bars in America).
ABOUT H2 Public Relations: With offices in San Diego & Chicago, H2 Public Relations is a boutique lifestyle firm specializing in media relations & publicity with an emphasis in hospitality & dining. H2PR was established in 2007 and has since executed high-profile campaigns for over 50 of the nation's most respected chefs, restaurant groups and industry professionals. From food, beverage and design innovators to rising star standouts in the culinary world, the firm is proud to represent James Beard & Michelin star chefs, Food & Wine Best New Chefs, Master Sommeliers and individual recipients of the International Association of Culinary Professionals' (IACP) highest honors. H2PR has also collaborated on creative PR campaigns with those who have influenced the spirits community on a national scale, receiving industry nods from Tales of the Cocktail--the world's premier cocktail festival. Having launched establishments for several of the most influential restaurateurs in the country and coordinated dinners at the James Beard House in New York, H2PR has been able to consistently draw the eye of national press, securing coveted media placements for clients on The Today Show, The Travel Channel and The Food Network as well as in premier publications such as Food & Wine, Esquire, The New York Times, Imbibe, Travel & Leisure, Bon Appetit, GQ, Saveur, USA Today and People Magazine.
· A degree in communications and/or journalism with experience and course work focused on Public Relations
· Hands-on experience completing past internship programs in a PR-related environment
· At least 1 year of prior agency experience (bonus points for hospitality and lifestyle PR).
· Candidate should be a motivated, energetic and pro-active self starter.
· An exceptional writer who is familiar with the AP Style format, and has experience pitching clients and working in a fast paced, deadline-driven setting
· Must possess the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
· Must be extremely detail-oriented and be able to work in a flexible work environment (hours are not restricted to 9-5pm).
· Support all mid-level and senior level publicists with tasks assigned and daily duties
· Duties will include, but are not limited to: drafting materials such as pitches, press releases, biographies, invite copy, blog copy, and more.
· JR will be available to attend client meetings regularly and will assist account lead with meeting agendas and PR reports
· JR will assist with clips, media grids, tracking circulation numbers and placement values
· JR will assist with intern program, including posting ad, responding to applicants, setting up interviews, and helping to train them on start-up level duties
· Daily interaction and communication with client to foster a personal client/publicist relationship
· JR will prepare a wrap up report with, delegation and timeline with estimated deadlines after each meeting is complete
· JR will assist lead publicist in conceptualizing angles to present to press
· Pitching local, regional and national contacts with targeted angles
· Reviewing editorial calendars to identify personalized angles for each of the clients
· Working in tandem with existing H2 team to further reach the goals of the clients
· Entertaining and networking with media outside of the office to establish deeper relationships, attending events and networking on behalf of H2. He/She will be able to provide examples of past secured media coverage in broadcast, print and online news outlets in the Chicago market.
· Attending & facilitating photo shoots, TV segments, hosted client events and more on behalf of H2
· Must be able to thrive in a boutique style environment.
Additional Benefits: In addition to salary, this position includes a monthly phone and personal benefits stipend, paid sick days, paid personal/vacation days and paid holidays. We also supply a generous amount of monthly perks and trade to the top restaurants and venues in Chicago.
Where we are located: Our Chicago office is located in the Free Range loft office space in the heart of Wicker Park. With neighboring access to 6-Corners and the Blue Line/Damen stop, as well walking distance from some of the best spots in Chicago (Big Star, Americano, Trench, Violet Hour, Belly Q), we're looking for the ultimate complement to our team! We're a relaxed company, the people we work with inspire us, and we love what we do. Simply stated: our clients and our work are our passion--and it shows.
How to Apply: Please send resume and PR writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will be hiring quickly for this position.
**No calls, please!**