CHICAGO OFFICE: FULL TIME-PUBLICIST
H2 Public Relations is looking for a full-time Publicist to join our growing team in the Chicago office.
This position will be instrumental in working with several of the most respected hospitality and lifestyle clients in the country, including: James Beard Award winning concepts from One Off Hospitality (The Publican, Blackbird, Big Star, avec), James Beard award winning chef Mindy Segal, Fat Rice // Fat Rice Bakery // The Ladies’ Room (Bon Appetit #4 Best New Restaurant in the Country, 2018 JBF Winner for Best Chef Great Lakes), West Loop’s Argentinian steakhouse El Che, Logan Square’s Scofflaw Group (Scofflaw, The Moonlighter, The Heavy Feather), MONEYGUN (Playboy: Best New Bar), Revival Food Hall, Michelin Starred Dusek’s Board & Beer, and The Whistler (GQ's Best Bars in America) to name a few.
Candidate Should Possess:
· 3-5 years of prior PR and/or agency experience mandatory (preferably in hospitality but not required).
· Candidate should be a motivated, energetic and pro-active self-starter, who has exceptional experience in writing in the AP Style format, as well as pitching and managing client accounts in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Must possess the ability to juggle many tasks at one time and change gears quickly.
· Candidate should have experience executing out-of-the-box client campaigns from conception to completion.
· Should be skilled at researching industry trends and identifying personalized story angles
· Must be extremely detail-oriented and be able to work in a flexible work environment (hours are not restricted to 9-5pm).
· Applicant will need to possess a proven portfolio of media contacts for local, regional and national media outlets
· Candidate should also be willing to be attend evening events/parties/press dinners regularly.
· He/She will be able to provide examples of secured media coverage in broadcast, print and online news outlets in the Chicago market, but we'd also like to see examples of regional and national placements as well.
· Applicant can demonstrate prior experience managing the interaction and daily affairs of client communication--from initiation to execution and beyond.
· Must be able to thrive in a boutique style environment.
Additional Benefits: In addition to salary, this position includes a monthly phone and insurance stipend, paid sick days, paid personal/vacation days and paid holidays. We also supply a generous amount of monthly perks and trade to the top restaurants and venues in Chicago.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to: Jobs@h2publicrelations.com. NO CALLS PLEASE!
ABOUT H2 Public Relations: With offices in San Diego & Chicago, H2 Public Relations is a boutique lifestyle firm specializing in media relations & publicity with an emphasis in hospitality & dining. H2PR was established in 2007 and has since executed high-profile campaigns for over 60 of the nation's most respected chefs, restaurant groups and industry professionals. From food, beverage and design innovators to rising star standouts in the culinary world, the firm is proud to represent James Beard & Michelin star chefs, Food & Wine Best New Chefs, Master Sommeliers and individual recipients of the International Association of Culinary Professionals' (IACP) highest honors. H2PR has also collaborated on creative PR campaigns with those who have influenced the spirits community on a national scale, receiving industry nods from Tales of the Cocktail. Having launched establishments for several of the most influential restaurateurs in the country and coordinated dinners at the James Beard House in New York, H2PR has been able to consistently draw the eye of national press, securing coveted media placements for clients on The Today Show, The Travel Channel and The Food Network as well as in premier publications such as Food & Wine, Esquire, The New York Times, Imbibe, Travel & Leisure, Bon Appetit, GQ, Saveur, USA Today and People Magazine.
Where we are located: Our Chicago office is located on the edge of Wicker Park and Humboldt Park in a beautiful third floor loft space at Western and North. It’s a short walk from the Western Blue Line stop or the 6-Corners and Blue Line/Damen stop, as well as walking distance from some of the best spots in Chicago such as Big Star, Bonci, Anker, Violet Hour, Belly Q. There’s also ample non-metered street parking available. Our team is like family and we're looking for the ultimate complement! We're a relaxed company, the people we work with inspire us, and we love what we do. Simply stated: our clients and our work are our passion--and it shows.
San Diego: part-time internship
H2 Public Relations is looking for a dynamic PR Intern to join our agency on a part-time basis. This unpaid internship is for school credit only. Internship will begin in July and last for a period of 3 months at 15 hours per week, which may be reduced on a weekly basis depending on workload.
Outgoing personality, fantastic networking skills, extreme creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, multi-tasking, proficient AP writing skills and attention to detail in a deadline driven environment are necessary. This is a fantastic opportunity to become directly involved with the PR industry in San Diego and beyond. You will assist with the coordination of photo shoots, event sponsorships, launch parties, TV segments and editorial with top editors and producers both locally, regionally and nationally.
For consideration, please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to demonstrate your creativity or flair for the luxury market to prsd[@]h2publicrelations[dot]com. We'd love to see a demonstrated use of social media. If you are tweeting and/or blogging, please feel free to send us your links. No calls, please -- We will contact you to arrange a meeting if you sound like a good fit!
CHICAGO: part-time internship
H2 Public Relations is looking for a dynamic PR intern to join our small boutique agency in Chicago on a part-time basis. Internship will span a period of three months at 20 hours per week depending on workload/class schedule. **Course credit required for consideration **
Outgoing personality, fantastic networking skills, extreme creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, multi-tasking, proficient AP writing skills and attention to detail in a deadline driven environment are necessary. This is a fantastic opportunity to become directly involved with the PR and hospitality industries in Chicago and beyond. You will assist with the coordination of photo shoots, event sponsorships, launch parties, TV segments and editorial with top editors and producers both locally, regionally and nationally.
The PR internship job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Assisting on high-profile hospitality and restaurant accounts such as: Big Star, The Publican, Violet Hour, Blackbird, Fat Rice, Dusek’s, Revival Food Hall, HotChocolate, El Che, Big Star, The Publican, Violet Hour, Blackbird and more.
• Supporting all junior, mid-level and senior level publicists with tasks assigned and daily duties
• Duties will include, but are not limited to: drafting materials such as pitches, press releases, biographies, invite copy, blog copy and more. We are also looking for a candidate with experience managing top social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
• PR Intern will be available to attend client meetings regularly and will assist senior account leads with meeting agendas and PR reports
• PR Intern will assist with press clips, media grids, tracking circulation numbers and placement values
• Reviewing editorial calendars to identify personalized angles for each of the clients
• Working in tandem with existing H2 team to further reach the goals of the clients
• Attending & facilitating photo shoots, TV segments, hosted client events and more on behalf of H2
A pursued degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications is mandatory. Strong writing skills are a must. For consideration, please email resume, cover letter and a writing sample to demonstrate your creativity or flair for the hospitality sector to Christiana@h2publicrelations.com. Please also feel free to send us links/handles to demonstrate your social media experience. No calls, please -- We will contact you to arrange a meeting if you sound like a good fit!